- The applicant must have or graduated (completed) a 12 year course of schooling in a foreign country, or expect to graduate (complete) before March 31 of the entering school year, or before June 31 when you want to enter at the second term of the entering school year. The applicant has graduated from a school that complies with the requirements of Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports and Technology.
- The applicant is a student enrolled in an institution that we have a mutual agreement with.
- The applicant has taken the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) and received a score of over 200 on the Japanese section. Or, the applicant has passed level 1 or 2 of the Japan Language Proficiency Test (JLPT).
- Upon entering university, the applicant must change their residency status to “study abroad” according to the immigration control
Notice 1: For applicants who want to discuss the application requirements or other concerns about learning, please contact the admissions office ahead of time.
Notice 2: As most of our classes are in Japanese, we expect international students to be able to understand regular lectures given in Japanese. We do not have any Japanese language preparation classes, but do have Japanese classes (Japanese I・II, Applied Intermediate Japanese A･B, Japanese Culture, etc.) to help improve your Japanese skills.
- University Application*
- Diploma and transcript (both issued within the last 3 months)
- Test results from EJU or JLPT
- Copy of residence card
- Copy of passport
- Statement of intent
- 2 pictures (4cm high x 3cm wide, passport style)
- Certificate of health (Download a designated form online and have it certified by a medical institution within the last 3 months.)
- Application for Special Consideration*
*only for special situations
*Contact the international center for the application
Application Fees can be paid anytime at Lawson, Family Mart, 7-11, Circle-K and Sankus convenience stores (only during the application period).
Transferring International Students
One of the following requirements must be fulfilled
1. The applicant must graduate from a 2-year college or a 5-year technical high school in March of the entering school year. The applicant must have high grades and need to get a letter of recommendation from the president or principal of the school.
2. The applicant must have attended a specialized school for 2 years and have a minimum of 1700 hours of class time in their area of study by March of the entering school year. The area of study must be related to the fields of study at our university and you must have earned high grades in your studies and get a letter of recommendation from the president or principal of the school.
The applicant must be a non-Japanese citizen over the age of 18 years old and have a student visa required by the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act upon entering the university. The applicant can enter through A・B admissions, recommendation, or regular admission as a 3rd year student and must fulfill one of the following requirements:
1. The applicant has passed level 1 or 2 of the Japan Language Proficiency Test (JLPT).
2. The applicant has taken the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) and received a score of over 200 on the Japanese section.
3. The applicant has received a “C” grade (600 points) or higher on the J.TEST.