Partial Tuition-Waiver Scholarship for Privately Financed International Students
This university has the following partial tuition-waiver scholarship system implemented for privately financed international students:
- Waiver Objective
Through waiving tuition to privately financed international students, international students have less of a financial burden and it helps to promote global education at our institution.
- Waiver Eligibility
The students must enter or be enrolled in our graduate and undergraduate programs as privately financed international students. However, the following are ineligible:
1. Students who do not complete school work
2. Repeating students (exceptions can be made for students who repeat due to health or other valid reasons)
- Requirements for applying
1. Residency status of “Student”
2. Financial help is necessary
If the principal household supporter earns above the set standard of living equivalent to \8,410,000 (gross pay), students cannot apply.
- Partial Tuition-Waiver Scholarship Application Schedule
1. April - Begin taking applications
2. May - Application processing
3. June - Interview
4. After August - Decision
- Partial Tuition-Waiver Scholarship Amount
As a rule, partial tuition-waiver scholarship can be up to half of the graduate or undergraduate tuition.
- Other outside organizations that provide scholarships (these are some organizations that provide scholarships that are not affiliated with TFU. The international center sometimes has pamphlets or information regarding these organizations.) : KAMEI Corporation, The Nakashima Foundation, Monbukagakusho Honors Shcolarship for Privately-Financed International Students, Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation, The Korean Scholarship Foundation, Tohoku Kaihatsu Memorial Foundation.
Center for International Academic Exchange
Administration Bldg: 2F